Thursday 4 April 2013

Upto day 44

Hi all

After waiting 6 hours for the 1am boat which never came we finally sailed by5.30 arriving back in Spain at Algercirus by8.30 Spanish time in the dark and rain. We had a bit of unexpected hassle going through customs then drove back to Liddl car park.

We spent Sat restocking and waiting to meet up with Donna and John who had been way down south below Agadia, where it was really hot- next time I think we will be going there too!

In the evening we all went to a nearby Chinese Wok place, very swish and the food was amazing. I stuffed myself on duck pancakes and prawns of all sizes.

Day 39

I woke up with stomach ache.

We all drove to La Linea and parked up just beyond the Gibraltar frontier. What a bizarre place that is- red English letter boxes and telephone kiosks and English policemen, English shops, M and S BHS etc and English fish and chips.

Next day we went to El Puerto de Santa Maria to a campsite. They had had a lot of rain and the pitches were saturated so Hazel and Steve and Gary and I camped on the road and Ray and Ann on a pitch. We planned to  do tagines, rather hatred by the wind but ended up a riotous evening playing UNO in H and S's van.

The sun came out next day so the worshipers amongst us made the most of it. Gary and I also had a cycle , yes me on the bike, into town which has a lot going for it but lacked buzz at 6pm. It was a lovely evening and we all sat out for drinks.

On Wed  3rd Ann and Ray and G and me went by taxi and boat over to Cadiz for some sight seeing. It has to be said, it was quite rough and as we arrived the heavens opened and I found I had left my coat behind! We spent some time over coffee in one bar then ran to another where Gary and I had menu del dia. On route we fortunately passed aChinese shop where we bought a cheap pocho so I was sorted for the weather.

After lunch the sun came out for a short time so we caught the open top bus and did a tour of Cadiz- much the best way of seeing the sights on a poor day and Cadiz is rather wonderful.

When we got back it was a lovely sunny evening and we all decided that El Puerto is yet another place to come back to.

Day 44

Last night it rained and stormed most of the night and today it's  rained all the time we have been driving up the motorway to Caceres, stopping just as we arrived. We lost our leader around Seville but found him again eventually at the camping. He can't get away from us so easily. It seems like a very nice sight and we are all going out tonight to eat in the restaurant .


Going back in time- having Atlast got  some decent Internet - looking through the blog ( I think a map of Morocco and Spain would be of help- admittedly advice rather late in the day) I think I have missed out our trip from Marrakech to Essaouira, our first coastal stop . If I am repeating myself please forgive me. It didn't get much of a write up in the guide books but we well impressed. We enjoyed the souqs, the harbour the town walls and the ambience and would certainly go again. We had prawns and sardines in a harbour shack and takeaway pizza with a bottle of wine back at the van.

I hope I hav't missed out anything else of importance

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments - always good to get feedback whilst we're on our many and varied travels.